Sunday 20 January 2008

Simple ..pure ..fruit eating


So I am eating very simple right now, enjoying the simplicity of just pomello or orange. And lots of water -- or just a day or two of orange juice.


I am hoping this will help my eyes to heal faster, taking it one day at a time right now.

Listening to your body isn't easy when first raw, but now I find its easier to tune in and see past eating just for eating sake..


Eating for comfort, boredom or because its "lunchtime"-- all those things just have gone right out the window since this time last year. I usually check if I am thirsty first, then wait, then if I am really hungry I will take some fruit and give it time to be savoured.


Everything is so fast now.. we work long hours, grab food, convenience meals, metro supermarkets-- all these things make eating and the quality of what we eat as a nation become less and less important. With it being January all I see is supermarket shelves stocked with so called "Healthy choice" Meals-- taking a closer look at these, chemical laden, calorie stripped ,SUGAR pumped products-- its clear to see why people get sick of the January diets, fall off the wagon and end up in full on binge mode!!


I am so glad I am in a place now where I don't have any temptation to succumb to these little marketing ploys. I can eat fresh vibrant fruit in abundance-- without worrying about calories..or packaging or ingredients!! And in the very same breath if I want to eat raw chocolate pudding all day..I can do exactly that without guilt or condemnation!!


The truth of raw is complete freedom from your food demons-- EAT RAW, BE free-- Live out your dreams everyday. Stop counting points, counting calories, checking fat content and eat fresh food from the ground. What could be more perfect that that?


2 comments:

Connie said...

Well said!

Big Hugs!
Connie

Kristen's Raw said...

Hello friend! How are you doing? How is life?

I love that picture of the produce. Delicious fun!

Have a wonderful day!
Cheers :)