Go Raw Chicago had borrowed a survery from http://buellerskitchen.com/. Pretty fun so here goes!!
1. Favorite home-made nut (non-dairy) milk?
Cashew Milk!! With vanilla, dash of cayenne and some dark agave. A real treat! Also makes fab cream!!
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to make?
Superfood smoothie inspired by Raw Model and his experiments!!
Chocolate torte(from G Living)
Rawdorables Chocolate chip cookies!
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
My first green smoothie!! I threw in a load of blueberries and blackberries then took it to work, the pectin worked well, it was completly solid time I got to work!! yuk!! jello lumpy smoothie! ick!
5. Favorite pickled item?
I dont eat pickles!
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I keep scrapbook, for note taking whilst I am un-cooking
Folder of ideas, raw or cooked to be transformed, also tabs and notes all over my books!
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash and recycling, currently no space for compost!!
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be?
(hoping for lots of tropical fruits!!)
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Eating strawberries up on Henman hill at the tennis!
10. Favorite raw ice cream?
Banana and cacao yummy sprinkled with hemp seeds!
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My Breville Juicer, got it for £10 it retails at near £100!! had been used once! A good scrub down and acv-- good as new!! Love it, use it loads in the summer. During the winter use my handpress for citrus, lush!
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Cayenne pepper!! great in chocolate, smoothies, salads..everything!!
13. Recipe (Cook) book you have owned for the longest time?
Vegetarian cooked cookbook-- still has some good flavour combinations in it!! Is now covered in sticky post its!
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Jam is heated...
15. Favorite raw (vegan) recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Pesto stuffed mushrooms!! yum!!
17. Favorite meal to make or time of day to make it?
Huge green smoothie for weekend brekkies, relaxing and indulgent!
Or dinner time Fruit platters, just cutting it all up and laying it out for munching is a treat!
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Water, my blender, hand press juicer and a jar of green powder!
I have two!..err on the other one.. a tonne of bottles I am saving for recycling!
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking
Raw Toffee Pie
2 paper bags of cut up pineapple!! om om om
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Water for the week
Anna's farm store in Norwich, and various fruit and veg stores on the Market. Nothing better than fresh fruit and veg in crispy paper bags-- with the little bugs still on!!
Not in plastic from a supermarket!
22. Name a recipe you’d love to rawify (veganize), but haven’t yet.
James Martin Stem Ginger Cheesecake, it needs raw-ifying!! Would be so so good!!
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
Raw Success --Matt Monarch's blogspace
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
REAL Raw chocolate, Mint flavour..Yum!
My own homemade raw chocolates with dates in, lovely chewy centre!
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately
Black grapes, super pricey but amazing.. keep me going all day!!
26. What is one recipe, ingredient or cooking technique that you’ve become familiar with in the last year that you can’t imagine you ever lived without?
Kale, I wouldnt of eaten it before!! Now I love it marinated with tomatoes, sundried and fresh, basil, curry spices-- yum, super wintery comfort food!!
28. Do you have a food inspiration in your life? Someone who taught you a lot about making a certain dish, or about food prep in general, or someone who taught you how to truly enjoy food?
Shazzie was my inspiration for going raw, the way she approaches raw eating is amazing and inspirational!!
My mum always made these big salads in the summer with everymeal..it may seem small.. But now I prepare my own super salads at weekends/for friends!! Its a small gesture, but full of love. Make a big salad, loads of greens, sprouts, veggies-- different textures, thinly sliced, spiralised, grated. A labour of love, something to always have on the side ready for munching!!