Wednesday 19 March 2008

Day 24

So here we are Day 24

Haven't been on the PC much the last couple of days because I have so many black spots in my vision its impossible, apart from at this time of the day ..6am!

Went back to the doctors, he said I must be hyperventilating, tried to push some tablets on me to "mellow me down" ..he said I will be a bit spaced out.. err.. not too sure I want to put anything of that nature inside me.

I will continue to fast, I think some MC and water days may be needed, since I can rest during the 4 day weekend. This is the best way to heal the eyes.

Yesterday I went for a juice before work, then got another..begged the bus driver to let me on with this big cup of foamy purple goodness!! ha! he let me on! The lady in the juice bar put a big scoop of acai.. man that was good, I was in my own little buzz bubble for a couple hours.

I am looking into getting some ASAP, this felt really good, in a non-cacao high way! I found Jungle powder, With Acai-- as well as maca and lots of other goodies on Shazzie's shop..but £40 is steep!! Shopping about..but I think that one will win hands down!

Some info about the AMAZING acai berry

care of...wikipedia!

Several early studies done on the nutritional composition of açaí were summarized by Rogez in a 2000 book in Portuguese entitled "Açaí: Preparo, Composição e Melhoramento de Conservação" (Schauss et al. 2006a). Other previous studies dating back to the 1930s and 40s were not always in agreement on nutritional contents.
A recent study using modern procedures and a standardized freeze-dried açaí fruit pulp and skin powder found nutrient analysis results from 100 g (3.5 ounces) of powder to equal 533.9 calories, 52.2 g carbohydrates, 8.1 g protein and 32.5 g total fat. The carbohydrate portion includes 44.2 g of fiber (Schauss et al. 2006a). Having nearly one-third of its mass as
dietary fiber, açaí is an exceptional source of this valuable macronutrient: a 100 g serving of the powder would provide all the recommended fiber needs for adults (20-30 g per day).
Açaí is particularly rich in fatty acids, feeling oily to the touch. It contains high levels of the
monounsaturated fatty acid oleic acid (56.2% of total fats). It is also rich in palmitic acid (24.1% of total fats, a saturated fat) and the polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid linoleic acid (12.5% of total fats). (Schauss et al. 2006a). β-sitosterol (beta-sitosterol), a phytosterol that competes with dietary cholesterol for absorption and so may reduce blood cholesterol levels, is also unusually rich (78-91% of total sterols) (Lubrano, 1994; Schauss 2006a).
A later study found vitamin C content was negligible, calcium levels of 260 mg, iron to be 4.4 mg and vitamin A equal to 1002 IU per 100 g of dry weight (Schauss et al. 2006a). A recent study found 19 amino acids in pulp and skin powder, with especially high contents of
aspartic acid and glutamic acid. The amino acid content totalled 7.59% of the total dry weight (Schauss et al. 2006a).
Due to the large amount of waste that accumulates during the harvesting of the hearts of palm, sawdust from the left-over trunks of the açaí palms have been analyzed for possible uses including energy utilization. The inner layer of the trunk is mineral rich, and is significantly higher in all the minerals that were tested including sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and iron compared to the outer layer of the tree. This inner layer could potentially be used as a source for these minerals. Ash content (often used as an alkaline source for
saponification or in plant fertilizers) was also higher in the inner section of the tree. Levels of lignins, cellulose, holocellulose and gross heat production were slightly higher in the outer trunk layers, and cellulose levels were fairly high overall (Dyer, 1996).

Supercharge my juice!

I had two giant juices from the bar-- Yes I have a loyalty card, they are gonna know my face by June! lol

Pineapple, lemon, orange, blueberries and a HUGE scoop of acai! woooo

I finished the second at work, then had 1 litre water and some tea

Today is my chill morning, couple hours to myself to potter about a bit..

Since I really cant sleep anymore I may get up and make some breakfast before I go out.. I have a melon, mango..some oranges..some very old sad lemons.. carrots and celery..sure I can make something of that!!

Anyway love to all you feasting raw-bies

No comments: