Sunday 11 May 2008

Sunday night fridge clearout.... quick and easy wraps!

So Sundays I always clear out the fridge..whatever is in there good gets marinated, made into smoothie or binned. That it!!

Okay so I already had salsa in there, I whipped up some quick marinated mushrooms and made my first "mayo" with a cayenne kick. It literally took me 20 minutes to do.

Figured this could be made easily into wraps to take to work. My appetite is zilch after feeling sick all last week so I may do another smoothie just to get another 200cals in me tonight. Today I had a smoothie, a few spoons of salsa at lunchtime and really haven't felt like much since. Least I finally don't feel sick!!


Salsa
Lime
Chili Flakes
Tomato-- 3 varieties
Chopped chunky, did this yesterday

Marinated Mushrooms -- similar to the mince I made but quicker!

3 flat mushrooms
Juice of 1 lemon
Sprinkle of cayenne
1 Spoon of miso
Sea salt

Mix all in, stick into the fridge to marinade


Mayo with a kick!

2.5 tablespoons Tahini
Juice of 1 Big Lemon
Sea Salt
Cayenne Pepper--plenty!
Sunflower seeds- just 30-40g (very small amount)
Olive oil


Blend the sunflower seeds, cayenne,lemon juice

Once this is completely smooth add 1 cup water, blend this up, add in the Tahini, this should be smooth but not super thick

Drip in the oil and blend high, like you would if making conventional mayo. Stop when its as you like, add in salt and any other herbs, taste. Pour out and refrigerate! After a couple hours it will be completely set up like MAYO!! Its very rich! First time I have made this, so pretty pleased its come out thick and tangy!!



These can then be made into wraps or used in salads or other dishes!



I was doing my usual YouTube watching this afternoon, keeping up on what Rawbies been posting up this week, its amazing over 100 in a week!! I came across a blog talking about GREEN SMOOTHIE CHALLENGE this is commencing 21st May, its just adding Green smoothies into your life, whether your raw, MEAT eater, whatever-- just drinking 2 drinks a day minimum plus whatever other food and seeing the CHANGE in your vibrancy and your families.



I am joining up now...om om Mango's are on offer.. I am already thinking of some monster Mango green smoothies.. yum!! Get yourself to http://www.greensmoothiechallenge.com/


No better time of year for this-- lots of lovely berries and fruit!! can even make green smoothie ice cream!! I will be sure to do a bit of that next week!!

I will try harder to keep a food log this week, its just hard when I cant just type it on when I am at work or whatever. Or I forget, I really eat light in the week, sometimes there isn't much to report!! But I will get back into the habit!!

That's all lovelies!!

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Looks good my dear! I LOVE salsa!!!! Your spicy mayo sounds great! When I make bread again (hopefully next weekend) this mayo just might be key. :)

And hey, if you get a mandolin to make ravioli you'll have to share how it turns out for sure.

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

I just made some mayo, but I will try your recipe next time. It looks like it might be better. I'm having mushroom madness right now. I can't seem to get enough of them. I will try the marinade recipe for sure! Thanks for posting.
Pixy Lisa