Sunday 15 June 2008

A Cuppa..solves everything!


Being a. terribly British and.. b. my grandmother being Chinese.. I am a complete TEA junkie

That's one thing that hasn't been blown out, for me tea is acceptable, warming and a tonic. Obviously without the icky dairy or a tonne of processed sugar..its tonic for the soul!
I drink mostly herbal, green and white-- usually infusions and tonics rather than black tea

Anything awful happens..first thing we do..kettle on..tea.. then we can think straight!!

Anyways I have been surfing to find some gorgeous online tea stores, and I found two fabulous ones


Jing Tea and LEAF Store both just incredible!!Gorgeous teas, teapots and little accessories!!


Here are some teas I loveeee

Oolong tea
Cross between green and black tea
(http://oolong.co.uk/tea/)Oolong is rich in antioxidants called poly phenols;These help prevent cancer, keep the heart healthy and aid general well-being.
1/2 Caffeine of black tea
Lots of varieties!!


Peppermint tea

Fabulous for digestion

You can make your own.. its gorgeous and scents the whole house!! Great after a meal

Chill it down with some ice and lemon slices!

Rose infusion

I have never seen it done this way before.. Jing Tea have gorgeous rose buds.. these open up as they infuse. Light and aromatic!

White tea

Slightly higher in caffeine

research shows it as anti viral, protects against skin damage and even colon cancer

That's a good enough reason to say..bottoms up!

I recently joined the TEA lovers group on GI2MR.. Its like a dirty word to rawbies..lol ha!! Oooh err!

After finding those stores today I may have to treat myself.. looks so beautiful on the table..as well as a gorgeous after dinner tonic.

Live on the wild side.. eat raw..drink your (warm)tonic!

2 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

I found a Teavana store here in the mall and got an excellent Jasmine brew. Oh my, it's excellent. Enjoy!

HiHoRosie said...

Mmmm....tea.....I used to not like tea but when I gave up coffee (which I still love but don't partake) I switched to tea and really come to enjoy the comfort and lightness of it.

And as Lisa said, ENJOY!